6/12/2007

OUCH!!

I feel like such a horrible Mom!! My children are sunburned!! We spent the day at the pool with my favorite people and I swear the sun is hotter in Oklahoma! How else do you explain 3 children who were born and raised in FLORIDA getting their first sunburns in Oklahoma?!! My poor middle child's face is burnt to a crisp:-( His lips are so red they look like he is wearing lipstick. He also looks like he had botox injections because he isn't moving his face lol I had to get him to smile fast for the picture. Even I am red and I NEVER burn. I am sure their Daddy will get a good laugh at me when he picks them up since I am the one that doesn't wear sunscreen because the sun seems to avoid me. There were many nights of me rubbing aloe on his sunburn while I sat there white as a ghost AFTER spending the day at the beach. I always figured it was the Native American in me. That sure doesn't explain today lol They are exhausted from all the fun they had today so they said it was worth it:-) Kids are so funny but *I* feel bad because it looks painful. I just rubbed them down with aloe and we are going to watch a movie since they are tired. Even with sunburn they are cute aren't they? :-D I had a week of fun planned before they leave but I am thinking the zoo day may have to wait till they get back:-/ BTW the oldest WILL get a haircut when he comes back from Florida lol I am gonna miss their faces:::sigh::::I hope it gets easier







4 comments:

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

YOWZA! Those are some red kiddos you have there!

It sounds like such a fun day, though, and the kids look like they think it was worth it.

Anonymous said...

Ouch that hurts just looking at it. My girls got sunburned a couple of weeks ago too. Even with sunscreen, which I suspect they didn't put on very well. I think the sun is hotter here in Oklahoma too. Maybe because we have so much flat ground and few trees to block it? Who knows.

Anonymous said...

((((hugs)))) Any time you get lonely you can come borrow my 3.
:-)

Anonymous said...

:)

ohhh, i blistered so many times in the sun!!! i've avoided my girls getting sunburns so far . . .

easier? hummm . . . i don't know about "easier" . . . but different. you become stronger; that makes it different.