11Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
My middle child received a Bible for his birthday and he just LOVES it! Tonight he was sharing some stuff with his older brother and I had to grab the camera and grab a pic before they moved. How sweet is this?? I will leave out that they were reading the gross facts and giggling about things that apparently appeal to boys lol
- I hate Elvis...I will just get this one out of the way but he is nails on a chalkboard to me
- I am the youngest of 7
- I was named after a song by The Temptations called Barbara and not Barbara Ann by the Beachboys;-)
- I was born and raised in Florida
- My oldest brother named me
- He died when I was 10
- I miss him
- He was 27 yo
- It was a hit and run
- They never found the man but I have forgiven him
- I have been on my own since I was 16
- I still lived on the same street most of my life including the last ten years of my marriage
- I didn't mind living 3 houses from my Mom because she is a good cook
- I miss her cooking
- I don't miss Florida
- I love Oklahoma
- I graduated from a private school
- I was 3rd in my class...hard to believe huh?
- I was a cheerleader and played several sports
- I graduated "Most Christian Leadership"
- Yet two years later I married an unbeliever
- That lasted almost 18yrs
- We lived in West Palm Beach for 3 years
- That was the only place other than Jacksonville I have lived
- My children were all born at the same hospital with the same Dr
- I was pregnant 5 times and lost 3 babies..I have 3 and that isn't creative math. My middle son was a twin
- I took fertility drugs for most of my pregnancies
- and Progesterone suppositories aka "slime bullets" to stay pregnant
- Pregnancy was hard on me
- I had hyperemesis with all of them
- Labor was easy
- I believe it was my trade off for vomiting 15+ times a day
- My longest labor was 3 hours
- Shortest was 1hr 45 min
- I spent 30 weeks in bed on a heparin pump with the last one
- I had a DVT from my groin to the back of my knee
- That is why she is the last one
- I wanted a "quiver full" but apparently my quiver is small;-)
- I had natural childbirth with the last
- I was induced with all three
- pitocin stinks
- I nursed all of them
- I didn't want to nurse the first one and was stocked up on formula
- He wouldn't take a bottle and I was too tired to fight him
- He had colic
- I think he stayed latched on for 3 months
- He was 25lbs at 6 months
- He is only 100lbs at 13
- I didn't even own a bottle with the other two
- I LOVED nursing
- I also cloth diapered
- We didn't use babyfood either
- We coslept so the crib was for decoration;-)
- Did I say I loved having babies? I did!
- I am now a single Mom
- I never thought I would be
- I should have gone to college before I got married
- I did go to Liberty University when it was still Liberty Baptist
- I only stayed a couple of weeks
- I couldn't stand that I couldn't listen to my own music
- My music was contemporary Christian
- It still is:-)
- Music is a very important part of my life
- even if I can't sing
- I was still in chorus in highschool and choir in church
- I can't dance either
- I didn't wear pants for years
- I still can't wear them to church
- I went to a church with a lot of rules
- Now I believe it is about a relationship and not rules
- I was a bus kid so I went alone
- I am thankful for my Sunday School teacher who introduced me to my Savior
- I still talk to her 25yrs later
- People who work in childrens ministry change lives and I am so thankful for them
- It isn't my gift
- My gift is compassion
- I never thought it was a gift till I needed it
- My life has changed drastically in the last year
- I moved 1284 miles from my home
- only to find my real home
- God called me here...I am sure of that!
- It was a HUGE leap of faith
- One I am glad I made even if it was outside my comfort zone
- I still don't feel grown up
- I wonder if I ever will lol I am just a big kid with a lot of adult responsibilities
- I love to laugh
- but I would rather hear others laugh
- I used to not have women friends
- I thought all women were catty
- now I really enjoy them
- when I love someone they know it
- I love with my whole heart
- I do like that part of me
- most of the time
- sometimes I think I love too much
- trying to think of 100 things is making my head hurt:-P
- I know I have mentioned this but I am running out of things to say. ..I hate black ink.
- I drink a lot of diet coke and I prefer it out of the can
- I don't like ice
- I did it but I'll bet you quit reading so I can put anything here and you wouldn't know lol
Well, that wasn't easy but it sure took my mind off my day...maybe I will share that tomorrow lol Nahhh but I will give you the brief version
dd had surgery
she took nap and woke up with a swollen eye
called Dr who did surgery and she said to bring her in
middle son decided it the perfect time to stick his tooth through his lip
oh the blood!!
and the screams
did I mention the massive amounts of blood??
Dr decided my hands were full so she called in a script for my dds reaction to whatever made her eye swell
I didn't know if he needed stitches and the blood was making me woozy
threw a washcloth on his face and jumped in car
called a friends dad freaking out and drove him over there
almost hit the same green van turning into their community that I almost hit this morning
did I mention I drive fast?
he went with me to the ER
the tooth went all the way through but didn't look too bad once the bleeding stopped
I still haven't cried but I am too tired to do that lol
Oh wait this was random stuff...here ya go!
This morning I took my kids to the bus stop and as I was waiting I noticed how big some of the kids were getting. I made a comment to my middle child that next year he would be in 5th grade and it would be his last year in elementary!! My oldest will be in 8th and it will be his last year in middle school! OH MY WORD I will have one in elementary, one in middle and one in high school!! Can I really be that old? My son pointed out I would be "like 40" when that happens so I pointed out that their favorite Auntie will be 40 on her next birthday. Without missing a beat my dd says "She is OLDER than YOU??!!" Geez thanks honey! I know she looks younger but you shouldn't point that out lol
Frosting really does change your mood...you should try it:-)
I don't have to work after next week...maybe;-) It really depends on if the kids are going to Florida but so far my STBX hasn't complied with much in the court order.
The pool opens this Friday and I will be in it:-)
I miss water but I don't miss the beach. I HATE the beach. Never have liked it either. Yeah it's all pretty and all but I have pictures.
I also don't care for Disney World.
The song Only You by Philips, Craig and Dean has been in my head ALL DAY and I am listening to the CD right now:-)
He IS the great I AM and I have been spending a lot of time at His feet. Does wonders for your mood too;-)
I need Him and only Him. He really does complete me:-)
Ok I guess that is it because I am in a cleaning mood and the candle is lit, the music is playing and carpet fresh is sprinkled. Oh and if you are just that curious it is clean linen:-) My very favorite smell for candles or any air freshner lol
Oh and one more thing my dd is having surgery on Thursday so if you can remember to pray I would greatly appreciate it. It is nothing major but she is being put under and that always scares me.
Have a great Tuesday!!! Be blessed!!
The spot is gone... I still have no idea what it was but it is gone:-)
For our first Mother's Day alone I was planning on surprising my kids with breakfast out but we stayed up late watching old Little House on the Prairie dvds lol So they slept in this morning while I enjoyed the peace and quiet:-) Actually I played on the computer and answered really old emails. I also received one that I will always remember and may read on those days I feel like a failure with my kids. You know who you are and THANK YOU again. I am still speechless:-)
When they woke up they all gave me the little things they have been making. Usually Daddy takes them shopping but I don't have that anymore. But the gifts they gave me I will always treasure. My dd had to fill out this paper from school where she filled in the blanks and on one part it said
She's as pretty as Gold
She weighs 100 Yeah I lol'd too!! The last time I was 100lbs was when I found out I was pregnant with her 13 yo brother!!
She is 5 feet tall...I am 5'6"
Her favorite food is Reese's...and I still weigh 100lbs? ROFL! But she is right I LOVE me some reeses! Have you tried the new Reese's crunchy candy bar?? TO DIE FOR!!
there was more but those cracked me up so I had to share.
My 10yr drew me a million pictures but his poem is what made me bawl. I am going to type it just like he wrote it
You are my Mom and I love you,
You are always sweet,
You are never blue,
You are the best Mom,
In the entire world,
I'll pray for you every day
to the Lord.
Can you see why I cried??
Between the email this morning and my kids THIS might just be the best Mother's Day ever:-) And it is my first one single!! That IS an answer to prayer!
I am going to get ready and take my kids out for brunch:-)
Thanks Mom Marrow Donor Drive
I have always been thankful that my children have a soft spot in their heart for others even if they are loud;-) When someone is sick my youngest is quick to say "lets bring them dinner or send them something in the mail" and my oldest has asked me to stop and bring the crossing guard a drink on a hot day. My oldest and youngest are much more open about their feelings but my middle child is the one I think that has the most sensitive heart. He just isn't as open about it. Our life has changed so much in the last 9 months. SO MUCH. Back home we used to eat out all the time but now it is a rare occasion. As my children pointed out yesterday it was only the second time I have taken them out ALONE here. We had some appts yesterday and on the way back I was thinking I still needed to go grocery shopping and when I looked at the time I knew they had to be hungry so we stopped to grab a bite. We found this little hole in the wall diner because they always have the best food. They didn't disappoint and as we were sitting there eating our greasy food I noticed an old lady sitting alone. I wondered if she was all alone in the world or if this was her escape from home while the visiting nurse was taking care of her dying spouse...yeah I tend to really think of every possible scenario. I couldn't stop thinking about her and without really thinking when the waitress handed me our check I asked for hers. The waitress said "oh! you want Donna's check? do you know her?" and I explained I didn't but I wanted it anyway and she went on about how this lady came in everyday alone and read half a book and left. Everyday without fail. All alone. Something about that made me sad inside..WAS she all alone in the world? does she know Jesus? who will take care of her when she can no longer get around? who will shop for her? and when I turned back to the table all 3 of my kids were staring at me. Finally my middle child broke the silence and said "that was a very unselfish thing to do Mom" and I told him "but it was the right thing to do"...that little act that seems so natural to do was so big to them. It wasn't the first time I have done that but it was the first time they saw it because I couldn't walk away from them to pay since it is just me. I never realized how much it would touch them. I mean seriously touch them. My kids were still talking about it on the way to the grocery store. My oldest was cute because he is growing up and I want him to learn how to budget so I have been showing him how. He knows that we live on a tight budget but we do ok. When we got in the car he asked "can we even afford to do that?" and then before *I* could answer he said "yeah I guess so because no good deed goes unrewarded" lol Now I don't share this because I want a pat on the back because that is why I didN'T want to share it. I do love to bless people but I prefer to do it in private. I know where my blessings are:-) I just want to encourage those of you with children to allow them to see that stuff. They are watching and learning and the look on their faces when you do it is just priceless. What started out with me wanting to bless someone else turned into ME being blessed. For a minute I got to see what truly is important in raising my kids....
I think that fits right now lol I am going to try and type this without sounding whiny and honestly I don't even have the strength TO whine. I swear I am in the middle of the longest weeks EVER. My oldest was at the ER both Sunday and Monday and we saw a Dr in a nearby town on Tuesday. I felt like I had a newborn again with getting up for round the clock breathing treatments. In the end he is on Albuterol and Pulmacort mixed for neb treatments, Prednisone, ProAir inhaler, Singulair and Advair 250/50 not to be confused with the 100/50 that he was on. I did love the way the Dr looked at me and said "why do you have him on Advair 100/50?" like *I* prescribed it! UMMM duh because the guy with the prescription pad wrote Advair 100/50..anyway, it looks like he wasn't getting enough of the meds because he is 13 and the size of some adults. He is doing better now. Then today since I totally missed that my dd needed glasses I had the boys checked...now what are the odds that ALL of my children would need glasses?? I mean it has to be crazy odds but they all did! My oldest has an astigmatism, the middle one needs reading glasses and my dd was far sighted. Yeah wonderful Mom that I am thought that the eye exams we did at school were enough...after all *I* was the one doing them and look how qualified I am! I guess little cardboard cutouts to cover your eyes and having them stand on masking tape X's on the floor while reading an E pointing different ways is not a substitute for a real Dr. Then this Friday I am taking them all to the Dentist because if they are going to Florida for the summer I want to take care of all of their appts. now. All I know is this week has been an insane week and one of those weeks that make being single hard. It would have been nice to have someone to share some of the load with...someone to be scared with me at the Drs....someone to help with breathing treatments in the middle of the night...someone to even help with dinner...I am just tired...but not the tired that a good nights sleep will cure. I don't even want anyone to take my kids so I can rest...I just want to have some fun withOUT having to do everything...I want a break but not from my kids...I want a break from life and all the stupid responsibilities that go along with it. It has been 9 months... this HAS to get easier. It has too:**(