1/17/2007

I am SOOOO tired of seeing ice! I have been stuck at home since Friday afternoon and it doesn't look like it is going away anytime soon! We are actually expecting snow for the next two weekends! Yesterday I decided that the food supply had gotten low and I needed to go shopping. Really I just needed diet coke and chocolate lol Oh and quick breakfast foods because I am SO TIRED of cooking every meal. So I get up this morning with high hopes of driving to the store. But first I have to find my windshield under the thick ice. I start the car up and let it run while I play with the ice scraper...I wasn't making much progress but it sure is a great way to get rid of some aggression. Then my oldest son asks me how I am going to drive if the tires are under the ice. When you first look at them it looks like I have a flat tire but then you realize that my car hasn't moved since Friday and that is ALL ICE. I get inside and try to back up but the car is NOT moving..I am so frustrated at this point and start wondering if I could just walk to the store. I tried everything to get the stupid car to move and it wouldn't. I called a friends Dad to ask what the trick was to get my car to move and he told me it was to go back in the house because I was not driving. He came and rescued me so I could get a few things. It was the first time I had been out since this happened and it is way worse than I thought...way worse! I am so glad I didn't drive. I was already stressing about how to park! lol I mean I really thought it out and just couldn't figure out how you stop on ice. What I didn't think about was the hill to get out of the store. I don't think my car would have gone back up the hill once I got down. I also do not see how we will have school at all this week because everything is still under ice. I don't even want to think about next week because we are expecting snow this weekend. We had flurries today but the big stuff is coming. I know this isn't normal for Oklahoma but coming from a state that hasn't had snow since 1989 I feel SO unprepared and I just want to see the ground again. How many days till spring??

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Too many, lol. We are having the same weather, only yours sounds much worse. Winter stinks, but I always think of it as a rebirth, spring is always such a blessing.

Martie said...

There is a bright side, Barbie......the falling snow builds up and makes the ice less slippery....a form of traction if you will. I only know this from living in Michigan my entire life and learned over the years that snow is much easier to navigate than ice. Of course, I still won't drive in it if it's slippery at all since rolling my vehicle over and beign trapped inside it for half an hour. My hubby acts as my 'chaffaur' on weekends and in the evenings....during the day he is at work and I am on my own so when it's really awful out, I just stay in my jammies near the fireplace sipping coffee or hot chocolate for most of the day! Works for me!!!!

Ame said...

gosh, i'm sorry - that really is lasting a looong time for you. our kids got to go back to school today. but my girls have found a place outside our house where little sun gets to that's full of ice - the girls call it their ice skating - only, it's in a corner of the outside that's all brick - i'm just hoping no one needs head repairs! then youngest comes in last night and says, "momma! i was able to jump and swirl and land on my feet!" i tried not to go hysterical just knowing she TRIED it, much less think she DID it!!!