10/06/2007

Saturday!

I know you are probably thinking that I am going to tell you about the awesome game that is coming on this afternoon:-P The game known as The Red River Rivalry. They take football very seriously around here...oh that reminds me have you read this article. Here is part of it
The rancor in the Red River Rivalry apparently doesn't die between football or basketball seasons.
An Oklahoma City man has been charged with aggravated assault and battery, accused of causing extensive damage to another man's scrotum just because he wore a
University of Texas shirt into a local bar.
I think the worst sentence was this one
Thomas hit the other man several times before several bar patrons intervened, but Thomas said Beckett didn't let go until Thomas heard his scrotum tear and blood ran down his leg.
OUCH! Anyway, I am excited about the game but something else is happening today that is pretty exciting too!! I get to meet Ame and martie!! Woohoo!!! If you are wondering who they are then you aren't reading The Covering~ for Single Parents:-) If you look on my sidebar you will see the button that a friend put on for me since I couldn't figure it out lol They are amazing women that have understood what other single Moms are going through and what we truly need. Martie isn't single anymore but she was and she can offer amazing perspective on what it is like to come out on the other side. All of us on the Covering have different stories and are single for different reasons. Here are a few examples:-)
Martie-Let me begin…..
Ame- Clay In the Hands
and here is mine for those who haven't read here long enough to know the whole thing
Barbie- My Journey to the Promised Land

Now for those who don't have company coming go make some football food and enjoy the game!!!

2 comments:

mamabeck said...

Have fun! GO SOONERS!
(BTW, this game is the ONLY time you'll find me rootin' for OU...I'm a cowgirl! ;))

HUGS,
beck

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!!!!

WHAT A FUN DAY!!!!!!!!!!

It was SOOO fun to meet you and spend time with you ... you're even more awesome in person ;)

And . . . ouch!!!!!!!