7/24/2007

They're on their way!!!!!!!!!

They were delayed a day because my oldest had to had a "procedure" done in the hospital....that sounds so much better than they put my baby under and I couldn't be there. Long story but I received the call that no Mother wants to get that said something about my oldest son, the paramedics, he was in the hospital and may need surgery...blah blah blah. I am the Mom and I am supposed to be there when things happen. I think that is a law or something....Instead I was 1200+ miles away and NO planes were flying out of OKC to JAX until the next morning. Even those flights would not make it in time. Why do they all have layovers in states that are NOT on the way???!! That makes no sense to me. Do people never want to leave Oklahoma so they don't need flights out?? Even if I drove through the night I couldn't get there in time...that was a HORRIBLE feeling. I believe what I did next shows my maturity and how much I have grown in the Lord.. NOT!....I fell on the floor in hyterics because that would make things better right?? I don't think I have ever felt so out of control and I couldn't do a dang thing about it. A dear friend came over and picked me up and somehow got me through the night...wait I know how..she prayed and loved me through the night and was just there. I truly am blessed by her daily. They did it at 7:26 the next morning and he is fine. He was discharged that afternoon and they left Florida this morning around 9am est. They diagnosed him with Eosinophilic Esophagitis and did a biopsy. I should have the results of that this week. After reading all about it I was aggravated that they didn't figure this out earlier because his Pedi in Florida was a GI Dr and knew about his symptoms. I guess the good thing that came out of this is we know what it is and can treat it. That is the only good thing because the rest of this just sucked.
BUT MY KIDS ARE COMING HOME!!!!!!!! They might drive straight through so I could see them in the middle of the night YAY! My babies are coming home and I don't have to do this again for another year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Barbie,
My DH has that too. He was diagnosed last year after many years of problems and misdiagnoses (sp?).
Glad it went well and they will be HOME SOON!!! YAY!!!
Katie