9/19/2008

Where the past catches up with me.....

WOW!! Who knew my past would follow me 25 yrs and 1284 miles later??!! Yesterday I was talking to the new guy at work while we were all in the break room...he mentioned he was a Floridian so I asked him where he was from and he said "Florida"....lol I kind of figured that but refrained from saying DUH!! :-) I asked where in Florida and explained that I was born and raised there. We kept talking and things were like really similar and then he mentioned what schools he went too and I was like "HEY! ME TOO!!"...the only problem is in my head I am still VERY young so there was NO WAY I attended school with this older man with a head full of gray hair...yeah yeah mine would be too if it wasn't for my hair dresser...STILL I am not that old;-) We DID go to school together and the worst part is once he knew that I was Barbie from that school he remembered my maiden name!! AND ME!! Then he announced to everyone that I was the BIG BULLY! It isn't something I hide because I mentioned it here high school but omword it has been 25 yrs!! I was in 8th grade!! That was the year I started attending church and eventually got saved but not at the beginning of the year when I guess I made an impression...I KNOW I was a bully! So today I brought my yearbook from 8th grade and we showed everyone...it's so funny how much the 80s have come back!! And every one seems to think it was SO FUNNY that *I* was a bully... I am thankful that people don't see me like that now because Jesus changed that part...YES I am STILL sarcastic and slightly ornery at times but I would NEVER EVER try to hurt someones feelings... not on purpose...I am quick to speak and I don't always have a "filter" but I am not mean...So today I realized that your past CAN find you and I am also thankful that

2 Corinthians 5
17Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

No comments: