6/05/2008

It really IS the thought that counts!!!

I went to lunch with a friend/mentor/spiritual mom/sister yesterday ;-) I never walk away from her without being challenged to live a godly life or draw closer to God....On the way back I was joking about all the things I wish I could say or do while I am in Florida BUT I won't because...well....because you know that would be WRONG and I am a Christian! See how spiritual I am:-/ She looked at me and said "as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he" Talk about an OUCH moment!!! I KNOW I am not the only one that does that so I am going to share this with you! I know that when someone cuts you off in traffic you have thoughts of what you WANT to do...or when someone says something mean to you and even if you smile and do the right thing what really matters is what is in YOUR HEART! God looks on our heart! I came home and couldn't stop thinking about that ONE statement because that is what the Word does

"For the word of God is alive, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness that the man of God may be complete, totally outfitted for all works of godliness"

I like this one in The Message Version

2 Timothy 3:16 (The Message)
Every part of Scripture is God-breathed and useful one way or another—showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correcting our mistakes, training us to live God's way. Through the Word we are put together and shaped up for the tasks God has for us.


SOOOOOOO after really tearing into what the Bible says about our thought life I made a decision and I am going to challenge you to also pray about this and see if it applies to your life...

I have a game plan...for the next week I am going to examine ALL of my thoughts...not just my actions because some days they are different as you well know!! lol I am going to work on the renewing of my mind....I was trying to forget but really isn't renewing more about replacing the old thoughts and not just forgetting?? I may be correct in not responding to my thoughts but until I go beyond my thoughts to the attitude of my heart I am not doing anything...God looks on the heart and I need to also...if I don't see my thoughts as sin and replace them with the Word then I will NEVER be healed and that ain't happening cuz I have business to do;-)

So this week my prayer is......
"Search me O God, and know my heart. try me, and know my thoughts, and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

because... "as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all need people in our lives like that to peel away the dead skin and expose what needs to be healed. It hurts, but God does so much through those moments of pain. My prayers are with you as you go.

By the way - I tagged you for a meme. Come by my blog and see!

Larissa said...

Hey Barbie! I didn't know you still read my blog!

I love the last sentence...we can't pretend to be something we're not. What we focus on is what we are!!! (good or bad) I understand that so much right now for where I'm at.

About your comment...it's so frustrating. It seems as though everyone things the answer is to date and "find" someone. But I am finding right now it's causing me more problems and hurt! I don't like that!

I just need to focus on God so that my heart will truly be there also!